Preceptorship Programme Application for SHC-EASL 2018 will be open on January 2018
SHC-EASL 2017 has introduced the very successful 2nd Preceptorship Programme which started on 1 June 2017. The Preceptorship Programme provided an excellent platform for junior faculty, trainees and new specialists or physicians to have guidance and training for the management of Chronic Hepatitis B and C. Over 120 Preceptees from 15 countries have joined the programme. The Preceptorship Programme has helped the Preceptees to understand the natural history of Hepatitis B, C, HCC and NASH; and learn how to interpret data from clinical data and real life management, and ascertain how to manage complex cases by participating in early morning workshops and attending the SHC sessions.
Click here to read SHC-EASL 2017 Preceptees’ feedback on the Preceptorship Programme….
SHC-EASL 2018 will take place on 8 and 9 June 2018 and the programme is listed below.
At the end of the programme, the Preceptorship participants will be able to:
- Understand the natural history of Hepatitis B, C, HCC and NASH
- Interpret data from clinical cases and real life management of Hepatitis B, C, HCC and NASH
- Manage complex cases of HBV, HCV , HCC and NASH by participating in early morning workshops and attending SHC conference
To apply for the Preceptorship Programme, applicants must:
- Have a medical degree in their country and be a practising physician
- Not hold a position of Associate Professor or above
- Be considered a junior faculty (Assistant Professor or below), trainee, recent specialist or physician
- Travel and hotel expenses to attend SHC-EASL 2018 will be fully paid. This will include air or land travel to Singapore from your home city and two nights hotel accommodation arranged by our travel agent
- Registration fees will be waived (registration fees have to be paid by the Preceptorship participant first, then refunded during the conference on 9th June 2018)
- Present a difficult case on Hepatitis B, C, HCC or NASH for workshop discussion (template can be viewed and downloaded online)
- Attend an afternoon half-day Preceptorship course on 7th June 2018
- Attend the early morning workshops where the selected cases will be presented
- Attend the SHC-EASL 2018 Conference
- Complete the application form for preceptorship programme together with the case discussion presentation (form and template may be downloaded below) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Conference Secretariat will send you an acceptance letter if you are selected for the preceptorship programme.
- If selected, register for SHC-EASL 2018 and pay the registration fees of USD 150 (application cannot proceed until registration fees are fully paid). Attach the acceptance letter received from the Conference Secretariat
- Successful applicants must ensure that they have a valid visa to Singapore
- Applications will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis (up to 50 delegates will be sponsored)
- Application close date will be 30 April 2018
- Singaporeans and PR are not eligible to enroll for the preceptorship programme
PRECEPTORSHIP PROGRAMME APPLICATION FORM
CASE PRESENTATION TEMPLATE
If you have a query or you are keen to register your interest, please contact the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com