Stay tuned for more exciting updates!
SHC 2018 Pre-Conference Highlights
• WHO strategy and goals for viral hepatitis Eradication & cascade of care
• Impact of antiviral therapies on outcomes of HCV and HBV
• Infrastructure needed for monitoring and delivery of therapy in resource constrained settings
• Elimination Strategies
• Best Practices for HCV Eradication
• Setting the agenda – the role of Government
• The role of NGOs
• Partnerships between Government, NGO and industry
• Why is HBV cccDNA important?
• How to measure the quantity of cccDNA and determine its transcription activity? Will PCR methods ever be good enough and are we close to standardizing across the leading labs?
• Are the surrogate markers of any good?
• How to choose the best model (cell or animal) to study the production and epigenetic control of cccDNA?
• What are the common pitfalls in applying standard epigenetic methods to study cccDNA?
• What are some of the new approaches to clear or inactive cccDNA?
• Ultrasound of Liver
• How to use Ultrasound to guide fibroscan
• Interpreting results – application of the charts to ASEAN population and certain types of liver disease groups
• Liver 2D SWE and its current role in patient management
• Pitfalls of Fibroscan without ultrasound guidance 2D SWE compare/contrast with Fibroscan – then conclude with the benefits of having both1
• Cost benefit of early diagnosis of steatosis